Saturday, June 18, 2011

Answered

You know it may sound silly, but after 2 months of looking for our wagon and trying to be frugal and most responsible with our funds, I said a prayer on Abi's birthday that we could get her the wagon. I was in contact with another lady about the wagon (I had contacted "a few" about their wagons) and she had not responded past my original interest. We were running out of time and I was starting to get bummed that we would have nothing to give Abi on her birthday. While she wouldn't remember, it mattered to me - enough so that I had been working on it for 2 months.

And God answered our prayer. You know, if God would have answered our prayer with a "no" He still would have been God and He still would be doing the best for us. It's just nice to know that even the little silly things, in comparison to eternity, that matter to our hearts matter to our Father. So thank You, again, God for the blessing of bringing these smiles to her on her birthday:
She loves it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesomeness!!! I love how it worked out for you - the only problem is that Brad and I thought we might give you the wagon we did bring with us from PA. Now we'll have to find a different home for it (or maybe I'll just keep it and continue to live in denial that my kids are growing... that sounds like a good plan, right? :)

Monica said...

Jess, you are too sweet. Thanks for thinking of us. With your family of 6, I think a cooler or two could be seatbelted into your radio flyer wagon. Along with that "Mom I'm way too old for this" child riding shotgun. =) Jess, how I hear ya on that denial thing. hehehe. Take care, friend.